Featured Post

SHADE // Brother Isaiah (updated 2 August 2020)

From the CFR facebook page: "SHADE" is a new acoustic series featuring the music of Brother Isaiah, CFR. Brother Isaiah offers si...

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Ramadan and Yom Kippur

Quote: Thy will be done (from the ‘Our Father’)


Reflection: This year I am moved again by the sacred month of Ramadan and the awareness that the feast of Yom Kippur is approaching. Despite not being part of either of these celebrations, I am struck by their call to deeper conversion. As people from the Muslim and Jewish faiths enter into this time of fasting and prayer, my own Christian faith is challenged. I find myself again having to confront this mystery that is God. God who is fundamentally beyond my understanding and yet who moves people of all faiths to live more profound lives. I am challenged to ask myself; am I really living from the depth of my Christian belief? Does my life reflect that I follow Jesus and want to be like him?

Prayer: Lord as I begin this week I spend a moment in silence, bringing to my awareness the choices I will be faced with. Help me to live my life in word, thought and action, so as to best reflect your love in the world.

Amen.
(From the Jesuit Institute of South Africa - click the picture of Black Jesus in the sidebar to link to them)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most popular